EVERYONE HAS A NEXT STEP. WHAT'S YOURS?
At Soma Eastside, we are a family of families following Jesus. This means we take active steps as Jesus leads us. What are your next steps?
The Apostle Paul, mindful of this reality, compared following Jesus to running a race:
12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. (Philippians 3)
i'm new to learning about jesus
Learn about Jesus and consider his claims
Attend church - meet followers of Jesus and hear stories of how Jesus changes lives
Ask God to reveal who He is to you
Write down your questions - talk a trusted friend or find a church leader to talk through these questions with
i want to deepen and live out my faith
Publicly commit to following Jesus through baptism
- Baptism does not save us - it is an outward symbol of what Jesus has already done through salvation
Practice telling your story - How To Tell Your Story
Discipleship - "making disciples who make disciples"
- Is there someone around you that you can teach and encourage them as they grow in their walk with Jesus?
- Is there someone around you that you look up to, who could teach and encourage you in your walk with Jesus?
- Not sure where to start?
- Talk to your MC leader or one of the Elders. Let them know you're interested in building a discipleship relationship.
- Work through our Membership Covenant. Use that to help you identify places to grow and learn.
- Work through a Bible Study or devotional with your discipleship partner. As questions or topics of interest come up, look into those together.
Join a group of followers of Jesus (Missional Community)
- Live out your new identities as Family, Servant, Missionary
- Live life together on mission with your MC
Practice spiritual disciplines:
- Daily reading of scripture
- daily prayer
- daily confession of sin and commitment to a holy life
- regular giving
Actively fulfill your role in the church:
Identify your spiritual gifts
Join a volunteer team
Support the mission by giving regularly
Look for ways to bless the community around you and share the good news of Jesus
Learn more about introducing people to Jesus
i want to explore leadership opportunities
- Become an MC leader apprentice
- Multiply a new MC as an MC leader
- Take on a leadership role in the church as a Deacon/Deaconess
- Pursue becoming an Elder
- Look into being part of a church planting team
- Reach out to Robyn (